Friday, January 9, 2015

The wind is roaring this morning, and although it is not snowing at the moment, we are scheduled to get another 2 to3 feet in the next 48 hours. I hit the grocery store yesterday, and have the next few days off, so I am not going anywhere. We have been very snow free this winter, which is odd, and also not a good thing. We need the snow to refill the water table. So, I love that we are getting back to regular numbers for this time of year. 4 to 5 feet of snow is typical, and we should be there by Saturday night. This Holiday season was more restful than most. I finished everything before December, and all was mailed as soon as that month hit. It was also boring. Didn't go look at lights, did nothing to mark the holiday season except a little decorating. But it is all over now, and we are creeping toward my favorite time of the year; Sunny Time! Yeah! I am excited to use the garden beds I built last fall, and to utilize another part of the yard by planting in pots. It will be interesting to see if my plans work. The kitties are starting to go stir crazy. They really want out, but when the snow is over your head, it's hard to go anywhere. I am starting to turn my attention towards them, setting time aside for each for play and snuggles, as well as doing group plays. Sometime it feels more like a chore, I admit, but I love my little furry bed warmers, and it's not like I can go out in the snow, either. We have an RV show coming up at the beginning of march in Syracuse, and I am going to go. I have been researching small homes and tiny houses, and really want to get back to living in a space where I am living smaller and simpler. There really is a lot of space in this house that sits, unused. I have never seen the point of that. Also, if I can get a smaller space I can haul around, I can go camping whenever, as well as travel. That idea appeals to me on so many levels. Move somewhere for a few years, work and explore, move somewhere else, work and explore. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. I am still crafting. I have started a journal and recipe swap with a close friend in Redmond. One recipe and journal page a month. I had so much fun with that, I started another swap (but just doing the journal pages) on Swap-Bot in a local group I am a member of. I found another group on Swap-Bot that does micro journals. They are pocket sized, and you write one sentence a day on each page for a month. I did this in October, and as soon as she posted a similar swap for this year, I signed up. It's helps me doodle a little every day, and makes me more aware of my day and the things I experienced. And on that note, I will leave you with a few pictures or weather because, welll...because!

No comments:

Post a Comment