Wednesday, April 22, 2015

So, the house is up for sale. The ship has sailed, the plane has taken off, Elvis has left the building. It will be interesting to see what sort of interest we get, and a bit scary. Deep breathe, moving on. Spring has started to, well, spring here in the frozen North of New York State. Although we have freezing temperatures for the next few days at night, and the chance of snow (*headdesk*), I am optimistic that the things that are starting to grow are gonna be fine, and that we will shake off the rest of this nonsense soon and step fully into Spring, and fly into summer. That is kinda how it works here. Winter really did bring the deep freeze. Where the earth only usually freezes up about 2.5 feet down, this winter it was between 5.5 feet and 6. This even started to muck with our well a little, along with the fact that we never got what I have heard is the usual few days of thaw the beginning of February. So, sludgy well water, and low well water made for a bit of fun every time you turned on a faucet. We survived easily, though, and no longer have that issue. I do believe the larger projects I can do here to help make the house sale-ready are done. I might think about painting the trim ceiling in the dining room instead of having someone else do it, but I don't know. Between the kitchen and the bathroom ceiling repaint, I am a bit painted out. Not my favorite thing to do. I think if the paint dried almost immediately, it would be different. Painting and waiting, painting and waiting...not my idea of fun. Garden is ready for when I return from my week of fun in New York City. Tamara and I are visiting this amazing place again, and this time I have a list of things would love to do. Like, visit a REAL art store. I want to snuggle with true art stuff, not just the lazy crafter's tools we carry at Michaels. And I want to browse a book store. A real new and used one like real cities have. And I am going to Goodwill, and another thrift store because I want to see what sort of things New Yorkers toss out. There will be a trip to Brooklyn to The Sketchbook Project Library for much viewing of world wide art creations. And there will be walking, and parks and hotdog vendors, and and and! Then when I get home I will plant my garden and see what happens. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment